5 Reasons Why Setting Intentions is Important in Every Area of Life?
When it comes to most areas of life, people tend to float around and embrace the idea of whatever happens, happens. But here are 5 reasons why setting goals is important, no matter what you’re talking about, whether it’s work, play, or even relationships.
- Intentions and Vision keep you focused. Imagine a ship setting sail without a destination in mind—as it traveled wherever the winds take it, supplies would eventually run out, and the crew would probably have to resort to cannibalism in order to survive.
Okay, so maybe a lack of goal setting won’t yield such dire results, but you certainly won’t get anywhere specific if you don’t have a plan. Whether you’re talking about work, hobbies, or relationships, setting an Intention with a goal will keep you moving towards success and fulfillment, without veering off course.
- Goals help you make a plan of action. When you know how much you’ve accomplished, you can understand how much you need to achieve and pace yourself accordingly.
For example, if you set an intention or goal for yourself to save up a million dollars for retirement, you believe you’re two decades away from retiring, and have only saved up Rs.50,00,000 you need to know how much you may need to save around per month.
- Vision boards or Goal boards to get you motivated. Without an image or board thats placed right in front of you , your goal can end up only being in your mind, you can always say it will happen tomorrow—whatever it is. Of course, once tomorrow arrives, there will be a tomorrow after that, and so on.
Setting a goal with a timeline or date will force you into some accountability for your actions and force you to get up off the proverbial couch.
- Intentions and Goals can help you actualize your potential. Each and every one of us has incredible talents and abilities latently existing within, but very few people actually leverage those talents into something useful.
Setting goals and working towards them is a great way to put your skills to work, while developing and sharpening your natural talents.
- Goals keep you committed. One of the biggest deterrents to success is that people just give up along the road. If you set a goal for yourself and stick to it, you can block out unhelpful distractions and resist falling into depression or self-pity when things don’t quite go your way.
You know there’s an awesome view at the top of the mountain and you’re committed to seeing it, no matter how arduous the climb.